Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Arch Nemesis

This is a true story that happened not even 2 hours ago. My hilarious friend Anna, who I went to college with, has a keen eye for style in all facets of life that is very distinctly her own. She now owns a mid-century furniture store in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She's doing very well and is devoted to her wares. Of course, I follow her store, Nines, on facebook.

Just before Christmas she posted a picture of this brass ram's head lamp onto their FB pictures and I was instantly in love with it. It was only $85 and I immediately commented that I wanted it. Look at this thing, it's freaking gorgeous!




The days went on, and I talked about the lamp probably every other day since. Two hours ago, she posted that she had just quoted and prepared some items for shipping to Nate Berkus's associates. A table, she says. I immediately go into a panic. Nate Berkus has found her little shop of amazingness?! SHIT!!! I need that lamp, now! You know, Nate Berkus, he was Oprah's designer boy who now has his own show.

I contacted my brother immediately to see if he would be in the area soon and if he could get it for me. As we're discussing the logistics and ultimately decide I'll just buy it and have it shipped to me, another update goes up that she also sold him the Ram Lamp!!!

I lost my mind. I literally almost cried and asked my boyfriend if he called Anna and asked her to pretend like she sold it to Nate but he actually got it for me. He didnt!! Hahahaha! I was so mad at myself that I blew it and snoozed on this. I did this exact same thing with a set of Versace plates that were at Home Goods like 6 years ago. I shall grieve them both.

And, Nate, you snatched up my inspiring lamp. You're ass. Is Mine.



UPDATE: I didn't even see it coming...Chitown Snobbery did get me the lamp!! Nate Berkus is not my sworn enemy after all. It was all a rouse! I adore it and him. I wish I had a recording of how hard I was laughing when I opened the boxes.

2 comments:

Anna said...

too funny...!

michael said...

"You're ass. Is mine."????? YOUR better than that XV. ;-)

--ChiTownSnobbery