Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lana Del Rey?

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Lana Del Ray a few weeks ago via internet TV at 2 in the morning after several bottles of wine and extraordinary homemade paella for an "epiphany party", a spanish tradition from what I understand.

The few of us who remained, boys and girls, watched with love in our eyes. This young beauty. We quickly learned she was the daughter of a rich businessman (nothing wrong with that) and at her young age was very familiar with plastic surgery. Say whatever you want to say, we were all smitten with her look and style.

Shortly after that introduction, MTV named her one of their 25 artists to watch in 2012. I felt the wind release from my sails. Boo. Other people found a new style muse. Then all of the sudden she was on SNL and everyone pretended like they knew exactly who she was - though I hadn't heard a breath of her name anywhere else but from those well-educated-music-addicts.

Now, it appears she may be on the path pointing towards hyper marketing, over exposure and the spotlight forcing her into a pop-category. She's on my people to watch list for 2 reasons. 1. Watching her style. 2. Watching to see what the marketing and PR people do to her.

And for the record, I cant believe she was on SNL so soon. Someone made a bad decision forcing her into this one. But, I dare you not to admire this beauty.



The visuals on this video are insanity:

If she ever does a collaboration with Kanye West, I'm going to kill myself.






































































































































































































































In all fairness. We also watched this video. F'ing Hilarious.


No comments: