Monday, December 26, 2011

Pigeon Blood Lip Gloss

I've been waiting for weeks for Daphne Guinness's makeup line for M.A.C. to be released and today was the day it hit the shelves. Daphne has become one of my favorite fashion icons. I love that she's not someone that everyone knows about. I sincerely appreciate her taste in fashion, her extensive collection, her attitude and approach to life and her commitment to the art behind the things that make people beautiful. It takes a special and smart person to really get what it takes...it's not just about picking what you like.

Her M.A.C. line was inspired by "pigeon's blood" and "how the intricate wings of a butterfly resemble the images of deepest space"

I also like space. Space tv-shows. Space movies. Songs that sound like space. And now it turns out: space makeup.

Here is what I bought:


Pro Longwear Lipcream in Seasoned Plum, Cremesheen Glass in Narcissus, Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape, Eye Brows in Fling, Powerpoint Eye Pencilin Engraved.


Breakdown:

Pro Longwear Lipcream: It's so luscious and luxurious, I rarely feel the need to buy lipstick but I was sold as soon as I put it on. The other colors were beautiful. I will probably go back and buy the Warp Speed shade. Red Dwarf would be my pick for my mother, she'd love it.

Cremesheen Glass: This lip gloss lasted 2 hours (sans drinking or eating) and the texture was also notably less sticky than the other M.A.C. glosses. Initially I was going to get Narcissus without trying the lipstick with it, but at the last second I decided to try it and it was the quickest makeup decision I've ever made. The blue undertones in the entire collection are very complimentary to my skin tone.

Eye Shadow Quad: The colors are knockout. I didn't purchase it, but Im going to revisit the colors again. ChiTown Snobbery told me it looked like I had a black eye...but I was applying it with a disposable lip gloss wand, so whatever.

Pigment: This powder shadow has the ability to fall all over your face and fudge up your other makeup. If you buy this stuff you really have to know what you're doing. Apply it first before your foundation and wipe off all the fallen particles or have a barrier under your eyes. I loved all three colors...especially the darkest brown. Did not purchase.

Eye Brows: These brow pencils are like the twist up ones my mom used in the 80's by Revlon...but they are skinnier, stronger and the colors are great. Usually I go for the lighter color brow pencil because I dont like looking like Oscar the Grouch. But the dark is the first I could probably get away with.

Eye liner: You can tell as soon as it touches your skin that its not going anywhere for a LONG time. The M.A.C. girl said the same.

Blush: Aside from the cakes looking beautiful on their own, they look beautiful on. Both awesome.

Nail Lacquer: No clue. Didn't even open them, but the shades looked cool.

CONCLUSION: HOME-RUN. Obsessy.

No comments: