Wednesday, December 21, 2011

His & Hers Items of the Week: 12/21

This weekend my boyfriend and I spent the weekend doing the most hyper-Chicago-traditional-Christmas-things we could think of. The Walnut Room at Macy's, The Drake Hotel (everything from the Coq D'Or midday to the Palm Room after dinner), Rosebud's Steakhouse on Walton, The Christkindlmarket, Anne Fontaine, Bulgari, Chanel, Intelligentsia, Old Navy (emergency stop, my toesies were coldies).

Anyway, ChiTownSnobbery lost his beloved PsychoBunny skull cap (and I lost one of my mother's vintage Italian leather driving gloves-dryheave) and has been on the internet search for this void in his heart and his closet.

The exact image of Psycho Bunny is funny to me. I thought it was a more punk/hardass line....but it was brought to my attention that aside from their play on the skull and crossbones for their logo, their actual look is very preppy. Preppy with a twist is their message. They are known for using only luxurious materials and meticulous attention to detail. The British designers like incorporating wit and vitality into their traditional English-inspired designs. This sweater is also on his list of wants:


I couldnt find the Anne Fontaine shirt I fell in love with online, but I found a good second. This Diane VonFurstenburg shirt. I decided to search her current blouses since I wore my own DVF blouse on our Drake Day and I am PSYCHED about this find. It shall be added to my collection!



To shop: Psycho Bunny Sweater, Psycho Bunny Skull Cap , DVF Mikino Top.

To Reference: The Drake Hotel, Christkidnlmarket Chicago, Rosebud's Steakhouse, Anne Fontaine, Chanel, Bulgari

No comments: