Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gross & Ignored

It's completely obvious that the images I've captured for my favorites of Fall 2012 have my particular aesthetic preferences in them. I like slimming, structured, well tailored clothes. I like narrow and slouchy. Goth-inspired. Generally, anything that makes me desperately want to wear that particular outfit because it would make me look awesome.

 What I did not capture, and very purposefully excluded in the previous and following images, for my fall-looks-encyclopedia is the barftastic heavy theme of 1990's bullshit fashion.

 At first I was like, woah, I wonder if this designer realized that's a frumpadump coat from the 90's. But designer after designer included several of these heinous, boxy, wide, boring cuts on coats, suits, sweaters, dresses...Im nauseous just thinking about it.

 I think everyone has experienced the feeling of revulsion or immediate rejection when a new trend emerges. Change can be hard and a new look takes some getting used to, I understand that. This happened to me when pointed-toe heels came into style - I couldn't stop associating them with elf/witch shoes. Eventually my eye got used to it and I began to appreciate their shape.

 I have this glaring dread hanging over my head that these boxy-ass-ugly-ass silhouettes are going to be IT. And I'm going to hate it. And I'm going to want to stab every insecure, screaming for attention, hipster who will inevitably take notice of this trend and immediately drive home to Iowa or some ghetto-ass suburb to steal their mother's camel colored Talbot's coat from 1996. Ew, gross.


Allude
Celine Seinfeld Couture
Hermes Issey Miyake Sonya Rykiel
Elaine Benes Stella McCartney

No comments: