Monday, March 2, 2009

Tears for Fears

This model, Auguste Abeliunaite, walked in the Jil Sander show a few days ago with tears streaming down her face. I of course found out about it in my obsessive compulsive fashion blog reading. Some people thought her tears were a subtle yet bold statement by Jil Sander about the struggles of the modern woman in todays economy. Yeah, times are tough, but you keep your head up and walk that runway, girl! Even if times weren't tough, I still think that would be such a cool message to send. It turns out that the fashion house did not send her down the runway crying on purpose, and upon questions from the public, JS has said that they were unaware of the Italian girl's tears. Women's Wear Daily is using its clout to get the deets from her agency in Italy as to why she was crying. I'll post them too, if and when they are revealed. Wouldn't that be so disappointing if her tears were over a man? I hope it was because the shoes really hurt or something heart-wrenchingly tragic happened.



Isn't it beautiful? It moved me.

No comments: