Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post Post Post Prost

It's obviously unusual for me to post more than once a day - or even once a month - or scarily enough even once every couple months. I suppose I have been rather uninspired until today with regard to my general interests. Maybe its my new beautiful haircut that has brought me back to life.

Or maybe its just that time of year when its so drab that you simply have to find solace in something that makes you happy so you don't go off the deep end.

Or maybe its the Gwyneth Paltrow Detox I've been doing for the last week. Veggie power kicking in?

Ehhhh....I'll attribute it to my new hair. 

I spent a few hours going through magazines, websites, and areas generally associated with high style. Unfortunately, my mullet-chic-inspired haircut was nowhere to be found. Was it because my taste is off? Oh thats right. Thats not possible. It's the usual thing that happens to me...I get something in my head that I want so badly and I spend weeks and months trying to find it - and cant - because it essentially doesn't exist. Then. Two years later it pops up in 10 different colors at Express and I want to kill somebody. Yes this has really happened. Multiple times. One time I designed purple boots in my dream. They were amazing.

So I did what I do. I turned to art for inspiration. And my dear friend who is very in tune with Japanese Anime, culture and hair. I describe for her what I want. I am not surprised when she immediately sends me a picture.



If I was slightly more hipster I would have kept it exactly...but I dont like putting in that much effort to curl the long and straighten the short. So I did a softer version. I hope it doesn't take too long for others to get hair inspiration from Anime. This chick is Lightning from Final Fantasy...I dont know much about her but apparently she is the real deal in the FFVII world. Me likey!


No comments: